The inaugural cohort for the Arkansas Academy for Educational Equity includes 11 secondary mathematics and English language arts teachers.
This cohort is composed of talented and motivated teachers who relocated to Arkansas from nearby states such as Missouri and Tennessee and even as far as New York as well as early-career teachers who are already teaching in our most struggling districts.
All participants share a deep commitment to making a difference across the state of Arkansas and an unwavering belief that students in high-poverty schools need a consistent, high-quality teacher workforce.
The Inaugural Cohort includes:
- Pate Bauldree, math, El Dorado School District
- Stephanie Beckler, English language arts, El Dorado School District
- Elizabeth Britting, English language arts, Crossett School District
- Rashad Carswell, math, KIPP Delta Public Schools
- Jason Curlin, math, Lee County School District
- Iesha Green, English language arts, Exalt Academy of Southwest Little Rock
- Michelle Joyner, math, KIPP Delta Public Schools
- Molly Kopplin, math, El Dorado School District
- Wendy Miya, English language arts, Helena-West Helena School District
- Brianna Sheely, math, El Dorado School District
- Michael Townsend, math, Exalt Academy of Southwest Little Rock